What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can i plant 2 diff types of cp?

• Thread starter MeutOfNess
  • Start date
  • Tags
    vft
M

MeutOfNess

it's a VFT and a Pitcher Plant.

Yes you can plant 2 diff types of Cp's in one pot. It matter how big the two plants are and the rots if tey are big plants put them both in a 10"inch pot. Small plants into a 8 inch pot. Have fun.
biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Phil traper2 @ May 26 2003,09:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes you can plant 2 diff types of Cp's in one pot. It matters how big the two plants are and the roots, if they are big plants put them both in a 10" inch pot. If they are Small plants into a 8 inch pot. Have fun.
biggrin.gif

(note by spectabilis73: this is the best i could take out the typos so you could understand it)[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
yes, you cna put 2 different plants into one pot. I have a mini bog with 15 plants in the same windowsill tray.
biggrin.gif

-Spec73

Shouldn't one consider compatibility of certain growing conditions? For example:

- soil mixture. The best peat/sand/perlite combo may vary from one CP to another species.

- Some CP's require dormancy while some don't.

- Some do not fair well in direct sunlight. For example, I discovered my Drosera Adelae prefers a window facing North with no direct light and in a terrarium with high humidity whereas VFT's like a lot of light.

- Some CP's require high humidity (as mentioned above with Drosera Adelae).

I did stick some baby VFT's in a sarracenia pot and they seem to love the growing conditions.

Back