What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Richard_UK,...

FlytrapGurl

apple rings.. what more can i say?
You have a double-trap VFT, right? Could you please post a pic or two of it? I'd love to see it.

Flytrapgurl:

If you want to contact someone for a question addressed to them you can send them a message. There's a button near the top of every page. It should say "Welcome FlytrapGurl: Log out | Messenger ,,, " .Just click on messenger and log in.

:)
Patrick

That's not the one that I'm talking about. I'm talking about the one that has a second, fully funtioning trap growing in the mouth of another trap.

......... its the same thing as the one you posted a picture of

2 traps next to each other and they are funcitonal

D.M_DOUBLE_TRAP.JPG

Here you are! Ok, its not 2 seperate traps but it's unusual anyway!

WOW! That looks pretty cool! Scary.
but...Wouldn't the outer trap close when the inner one triggers its' hairs?
What happend to these traps?
-peace
Eric

The whole trap functioned perfectly. If a trigger hair on any part of the trap was touched then the whole structure would close pretty much as normal. I never allowed it do trap anything though as I didn't want to spoil the trap so i'm not sure what the seal would have been like had it tried to digest something! The trap lasted until the end of the growing season then wen't black with the others. I've never had one since!

Great picture!
smile.gif
!!! Could you tell it was gonna be odd as it was growing? Did you get it from PFT?

The plant is the very first vft i ever managed to grow without it dieing on me! I got it from a garden centre here in the UK. The Petiole was a little distorted when the plant was growing so I knew something was up. The midrib was very thick. I didn't see the double trap structure until the trap started to unfurl.

Hey Richard,
thank is just so cool and very very weird! Did the plant come in the mail like that or did it just grow while you had it?

Cool

I have a vft that seems to have put off an offshoot mutant
smile.gif
the picture is a bit blurry but you can see 2 traps on one leaf and one folded in half or "Y" shaped.
10809847-1475-00F00140-.jpg

sorry, my camera sucks!

Wow Richard! That is an awesome picture!!! I can't wait to get a scanner so I can start taking pix of my babies too
biggrin.gif

Back