What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowering VFT

P

Paul R

I have a VFT which has flowered. I now have several groups of traps growing on the flower stalk just below the dead flower heads. Has anyone had this happen before? I would also like to know if it is possible grow new plants using these traps and if so how? I have taken some pictures of the flower stalk but i don't know how to include them in this post.

I am not sure how to post pics either..

But I have had what you are taliking about happen.

Leave the plants on the talk for some time...they will continue to get bigger. You can them remove them and plant them in their own pots.

I am not sure the point that they will stop growing on the stalk, but it seems faster than in the ground!
biggrin.gif

Hope this helps.

Hi Paul
smile.gif

you can go to places like http://www.clubphoto.com/ and post your pics there then when you have them up on that site doudle click on the pic to make it large then right click on it go to properties and copy the thingy that looks like an address of the pic sorry I cant remember what its called  
confused.gif

Once you have copied it go back to this site hit reply and on the top right of the box you type in theres a button that is marked "image" click that and hit paste  
smile.gif

Now your good to go  
biggrin.gif

So hurry up I gotta see what that looks like it sounds very cool lookin!
biggrin.gif

Im sorry I forgot to welcome you to the forums
biggrin.gif

HOW RUDE OF ME!!!!
I hope to see you around and take care!!!

Thanks for the welcome and the advice. Hopefully here are the photos that i took.
10770472-bb3e-02000180-.jpg

10770473-b1be-02000180-.jpg

Truely a wierd looking flower
wow.gif
. Glad you posted it. Now I won't freak out if one of mine do that!
smile.gif

Oh wow that is SO COOL LOOKIN!!!
wow.gif
Its tempting to let mine flower just to see if that happens! Thanks for sharing!!!
biggrin.gif

Ugh, I am so jealous! No dirt!

Awesome pic... now I'm wondering if maybe we should let our VFT's flower.
confused.gif

Edit: I wonder if eventually the stalk drops to the ground and the new plant takes root (in the wild).

you know dyflam I was thinking the same thing. ya see what we miss when we chop these off ugh!

Hmmmm........interesting, never seen one like this before, an airborne VFT.

WOWEE!!!!!

Maybe it wanted to see out the window better so it up and got airbourne LOL!

P.S. How long should I let a flower stalk grow on my VFT before I should cut it off to save energy to the plant?
confused.gif

Back