What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can Venus Flytraps eat moths?

I have a major moth problem and no flys. Has anyone tried moths?

welcome
im not to sure if vft's like moths too much i find they tend to rot the traps. but there are loads of otherbugs you could feed your plant
smile.gif

I think it depends on the size of the moths/traps. The moth should be about half the size, or less, of the trap to avoid rot.

Haha I just fed my VFT a moth and what do you know... there's a thread on it! Anyway, the trap turned out fine and as long as it's about 1/2 the size of the trap I don't see why not!
biggrin.gif

- Brett

Thankyou Brett. I didn't have the guts to just try it. What with the torture I've all ready put this poor plant through. So thankyou very very much. Hope you get this.
tounge.gif

welcome to the forums Shauntell
biggrin.gif

Its fine to feed your plants moths right now and your plants will love them but around the fall they can become toxic to your plants because thats when they start to mate and they put out some chemical in them that will kill your plants.

If you look WAY back into some of the posts last fall you will see that a few people ran into this problem.

Back