What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I need super fly trap tips "audrey 3"

M

manimal

ok i just got like a bonus package of a bunch of carnivarous plants (vft, pitcher and sundews), they reminded me so much of my X g/fs...
confused.gif
....BUT i wanna know if there is any tricks or secret resipies to making them grow huge! like i know milk works for pumkins, but what works for vft other than bugs? blood?
B00004RF8J.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Ok, I'm no moderator, but I love doing that
tounge.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif
confused.gif
I don't know for a fact that any on thing contributes, but I have heard some tales of blood and/or milk protein, so if you have more than one VFT, experiment for yourself, and post the results! GOOD LUCK!
smile.gif

Well it would depend on what you mean by huge
smile.gif

If you are hoping that it is going to get big enough to, say, eat a small bird, then you may be out of luck
wink.gif

A lot of size is related to the plants genes and age, but you can get more traps of whatever the given size is by feeding surtain items.

I've had the most success with the baby pellot sized Hikari Cichlid Gold fishfood.  Just soak in a little distilled water and use a needle to poke it in the trap, be sure to wack a few trigger hairs and it should snap shut.  Now pull out the needle and gentle squease the trap to further stimulate the trap.  Keep doing this every few minutes untill the trap starts to feel stiff and the lips look sealed.  I recomend feeding only one trap at a time, once every 1-2 weeks for good growth.  Also be sure to provide lots of light and distilled water
smile.gif

WOW you actually said blood, i'm deffenatly going to try it, and dont worry i'll post the results. is there n e websites on stuff like that?
audrey4.jpg

LOL, it shouldn't be too surprising, blood is mostly protien, carb and water.

I don't know of a website, but their is a thred from a few weeks back in the general forum

I don't know, it seemes to me I may find myself singing with my plant about if i should kill my dentist if i feed it blood, and in order to get in the right mindset i may need to sing grow for me in a Rick Moranis voice. I think I may have to steer clear of the whole blood feeding thing, be sides, i'm only 14 and my parents would have suspitions of their own

What!!?? You guys aren't goin' to tell him what Barry did??  That's downright rotten of ya!!   Well, just for that I will!  This should appeal to your morbid fascination with your audrey 3.   Mwahahahaha!
Can Venus Flytraps digest human flesh?

Hmmm.  Maybe eating that 13oz bag of crispy M&M's by myself wasn't a good idea.......
wink.gif

biggrin.gif

ok hey thanks guys, i just transplanted them into a tararium so i'm going to wait for a day or two before i start the diet of human blood.
lsh-004s.jpg

So you are really going to use your own blood in feeding this plant? or do you have some other method? if so i hope this experiment has no reprocutions of apocoliptic preportions but any way, post your results and i will read them willingly

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (manimal @ Mar. 31 2003,6:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok hey thanks guys, i just transplanted them into a tararium so i'm going to wait for a day or two before i start the diet of human blood.
lsh-004s.jpg
[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Um, k. Make sure they have an extream amount of light, undrained aquariums are hard to grow them in.

Back