What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Creeping death

hey guys,
well I just had to brag about this one. Well I have finally received the dionaea mutant called "Creeping Death". I will show pics later. Cant wait to propagate and share it with you all.

Thanks
Mike

well it's later now, where are those photos!!!

That this is awesome. All we need now is a vft with foot long stems.

Idea - Kinda bad, but you know how radiation changes cellular and dna structure? well, what if you put a cp, or a vft bulb for this matter in the microwave for 1 second interverals ever hour for a day. I would probably make an interenting experiment, however slightly cruel. Maybe its my deprived mind talking.

timbudtwo, the idea isn't a bad one, but the micro- or radio wave frequency is very low energy, not enough to mutate DNA. It would probably explode with cells of the plant and kill it because of the heating of water (which is what microwaves do well), though. UV does a great job of causing mutations, over time. There are a lot of mutations that arise during tissue culture, too. In fact, sometimes people add mutagens (essentially carcinogenic chemicals) to the TC media to induce mutation and try to create interesting new variations.

or just put a lod of blacklights around a bulb in water.

Back