What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what heck is this?

pic

what is this? a flower bud? i am talking about the thing with the red base (it may take a whle to load)
JAmes

It sure is, go snip snip to it.
smile.gif

Look, it's not really any of my business, of course, but you need to sit down with your plant and tell it, firmly but gently, that it cannot have that thing out in public.

I mean, there *are* standards for behavior.

Nobody's blaming you, of course--but really for its own good, don't delay.

Steve

That my friend is a VFT flower bud. Make sure to cut it off as it absorbs the energy from the plant to make the flower.

Nice plant!
That is a flower bud-it's up to u to decide what u want to do with it...theory number one is:you can let it flower and collect seed, but allowing it to flower will cause the plant to have less vigorous leaf growth and could cause it to die although it looks highly unlikely with such a healthy looking plant. Anyway the seed you will get won't be of much use as the plants you will get from it will be weak as unless you cross polinate flytraps they are not very strong from seed. If you do cut it however, the theory is you will be rewarded with much more vigorous and larger growth than you would have if you allowed it to flower.

i snipped it off, i dont reckon i can be bothered with seeds, if i want another one I'll just buy one!
JAmes

Back