What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To be outside or to be inside

This is what im want to do with my VFT. I am gonna keep it inside by a windowsill on the weekdays but i want it outside on weekends so it can catch bugs. Do you think I should get a mini Greenhouse?
sad.gif

Thanks,
Kevin

First where do you live? I live in Georgia and my VFT's stay outside year round.
Second What temp. are they at during the week? Going form a house enviroment, apx 75 deg. to outside apx 85-90 each weekend could strees them enough to kill them.

Keep in mind that they do not need to eat to live. You can always catch a small criket or sowbug to feed them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Another 2¢ worth.  Assuming that the ouside humidity is high enough.  Acclimatize your VFT's to the outside and leave them there.  The nights a my place can get down into the mid to upper 40's tho somewhere in the 50's is normal this time of year.  The days can then jump up into the low 90's.  My traps take it in stride.  I only bring them in during severe weather or if I think the temps will drop below 40 at night.  They have full sun from about 8:30 to 2:30.
++++++++

What!!! Can't a guy change his mind on which button to click?

Another 2¢ worth.  Assuming that the ouside humidity is high enough.  Acclimatize your VFT's to the outside and leave them there.  The nights a my place can get down into the mid to upper 40's tho somewhere in the 50's is normal this time of year (If I think the temp might drop below 40 I breing them in).  The days can then jump up into the low 90's.  My traps take it in stride.  Make sure they have plenty of water and keep an eye on them 'till you think they're adjusted to the great outdoors.  You'll be amazed at how many bugs the little gluts can catch!
smile.gif

Steve

I keep mine outside and I live in Colorado and they seem to like it and I did not Acclimat mine

Back