What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lota Light

Alright, new green/red bulbs that I've had for two weeks are growing under the 18 inch tube. So I ordered a new hood for my 10 gallon tank. 2 36 watt 6500k bulbs. Grand total of 72 watts of cool light. This hood was made for coral, is it going to cook my little baby traps?

I'm using a 23 gallon tank, 2 60 watt bulbs and a 90 watt, both cool glo as well. So far I'm not having any troubles with it cooking my plants, or even raising the temp. in my tank any more than 5 degrees above the room temp. But I'va also only had my VFT's in there for a little more than a week (new growth though, probably good sign)!
So I don't think that will be too much light, but if I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me!
Also, I have seperate switches for all 3 lights, and I try to simulate natural conditions by haing all 3 come on in the morning, and turning off the 90 watt in the afteroon to sort-of simulate the natural progression of the sun's daily movement. Again though, I'm still quite new myself, and I may yet find out that my conditions aren't suitable, so I hope you get some more perspectives on this!
wink.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Good luck with it!

Back