What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perks of owning a VFT

So there i was, 3am, browsing the pft forums. Cat in lap, purring away, me petting him. I scratch his neck, what do i find? A TICK! Oh no i thought! After removing it from his neck, i placed it on my desk. What to do with it now! Its too late to flush it down the toilet, dont wanna wake anyone up. I glance backwards. Ahh yes, my VFT's are hungry! Turn on my lights, dropped the little bugger into my dente. All is well, back to petting my cat.  
laugh.gif

LOL. Awe, the simple joys in life. The other thing is that you do not have to buy food for the vft too or worry to much when you leave home for a few days.

Travis

ps
That is odd...I must see into the future. You have not posted this topic yet. Tee Hee

Travis, are you feeling alright
rock.gif
?  LOL!  

I'm sure your VFT will enjoy that nice juicy tidbit!

SF

Here is a a blood engorged tick meal from earlier this summer. As NECPS members can attest, this plant got ENORMOUS by the end of summer.

200306-CP-D.muscipula-feeding%20on%20blood%20engorged%20tick-animated-WBM.gif

WildBill

Vfts love blood, then. (Little Shop of Horrors!)

Well blood is about the best source of iron for a growing flytrap....that tick is basicly the equivelent of a balanced fretilizer for any other plant....there is nitrogen, phosporus, and potassium + iron, magnesium, and whever you feed you cat...
biggrin.gif
.................yum!

Wildbill, that tick it phat I mean fat. Wow, it must of had a good sucking of blood. Were did you find that tick? It is huge!

Travis

We found it at my future Parents in law house. We think it fell off their german shepard, Nala. I also fed it an even larger tick - it looked like a jelly bean with legs.

Now they use one of those tick control products on Nala!!

WildBill

I hope I never find one that big on my cats. Of coarse if I did the cat would have probably died from bloodloss as big as that thing was. LOL
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

wink.gif
I`ve seen them larger then marbles out here in the boonies.lol

Back