What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge traps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, D muscipula. It's all good. That whole thread spun way off course. I'm still psyched about my new vft!

Capslock

As I said earlier I'm very happy with mine.....the whole plant is a ver dark purple/red with just a hint of green on the traps themselves.....beautiful.....

Mine should arrive by Friday. I don't care what size they are...I am happy to have new green dragons
biggrin.gif
since I think the squirrel attacks have about killed my only one. Dang squirrels!

Sheesh...

I didn't mean to upset so many people.  Just understand I already had plenty of Green Dragons (that I got from PFT might I add) and I was only ordering them because I was under the impression that I was going to get one with significantly larger traps than the bare roots and the other green dragons I own.  When I recieved mine, they were in excellent condition but after seeing Capslock's it feels like I got a 'normal' green dragon and not a 'huge' green dragon.  I assumed when greenhouse1 said that they were the largest traps she has ever seen on green dragon, that it meant that they really were the largest traps she has ever seen on a green dragon.  I'm assuming she has seen hundreds or even thousands of plants, so they had to be really spectacular for her to post in the forums about them.  I expected them to look much like Capslock's looked.

I would have gladly paid an extra $1, $2, or even $5 for a huge one, but I had no desire for another normal Green Dragon (at least not at the potted price, I wish I bought 4 bare roots instead.)  I even stated in my order comments that if they were out of Larges I'd like to change my order.  Maybe it is a huge plant, or maybe the bare roots are too large, but from greenhouse1's comments, Caplock's picture and the plants I recieved, it looks like a mistake was made or I didn't recieve any favors.  I would like to assume PFT always sends out the largest plants it has in stock, sounds like a good standard operating proceduce.

Am I being irrational?  No.
Did I get what I paid for? Yes.
Am I being ungrateful?  Yes, I'll admit that.
Would I buy from PFT again?  Yes, they are the only VFTs I can keep alive.
sad.gif

All I'm upset about is that I wouldn't have bought another potted green dragon unless it was a huge one, and I feel like I didn't recieve a huge one like Capslock did.  If this upsets other people, I'm sorry.  But if you don't understand my position, then maybe you should read my posts again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back