What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Doh!

Doh, apparently my VFT I put into dormancy dried out while in the fridge and got very wilted looking. I immediately filled it up with water.

Should I leave it in the fridge or take it out? I left it in the fridge hoping the cold would buffer any kind of damage.

I swear I should just give up growing plants.

Hmmmm....It really shouldn't of dried out if you just left it in a sealed plastic baggie.  Well, if its the leaves that are wilting then I think that your plant should be fine.  Actually if you've had it in the fridge for two months or over I would reccomend you plant the venus flytrap if you have access to additional artificial lighting of somesort.

Never give up on your plants they are much easier to grow then you think!
biggrin.gif

They have been in since Thanksgiving (about 6 weeks). I do have artificial lighting and heat. They weren't put in a plastic bag, mainly cause they would have been even worse for me to monitor in one. They were left in the pot with all the leaves on the plant to help buffer against the drying out and stress the plant less.

I did water the plant a couple weeks ago.

I think my humidity in my apartment is really low, because everything seems to be drying out faster than it did in the summer.

shame on you leaving a naked plant in the fridge. It will probubly be okay, but you really should put it in a plastic back and then put that bag in a paper bag to prevent damedge from temp changes.

Naa, I overreacted.  I just started watering it once a week while it was in the fridge and didn't bother putting it in a plastic bag or paper bag.  I took it out a couple weeks ago and a majority of the leaves are doing ok.  I think I'm going to repot it to a larger pot, as the original PetFlypTrap pot it came in is starting to get cramped! It has almost been 2 years since I bought it!

Some of the leaves that started growing 4 months ago kinda ended up a little deformed, but I guess you would be too if I stuck you in a fridge for 4 months.

Back