What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sleeping vfts in TX

I live in north Texas. I put my plants in the shade in late November for their dormancy. They are outside on the balcony where they are constantly shaded. All I do is put distilled water in the pots occasionally to keep them from drying out. Will my guys be ok like this?

(my first dormancy... in case you haven't noticed)

rock.gif

Well I think you could grow VFTs year round in your climate outdoors. I live in sou cali and the all my VFTs do well in the 100 F summers and 40-67F winters. Right now my VFTS are happily dormant. Your plants should be fine.

EDIT: Oh ya, forgot about one thing, you might want to give your VFTs some sun. Maybe 4 hours of weak sun is sufficient.

okay thanks. By the way, do you happen to have any pictures of how they should look while dormant?

biggrin.gif

Here are pics of some VFTs. They are not mines but are of Dave2150 in the cpuk forum. He goes here to. He's quite VFT master.
cool.gif
Greendragon_royalred_winter.jpg

g16_Winter.jpg
swgiant_winter.jpg
Contact Dave2150 for more info on the plants if you wish. CPUK forum thread (Use PM)

Back