What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Darn it/ Yes!!

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
My red dragon and my dente of flowering. I guess they were tired of sleeping.
tounge.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
I am going to clip the red dragon, but keep the dente as I have multipule growing tips, and I want seed.

Remember that seed from a cultivar does not produce the cultivar, but F2 offspring -- even when selfed.

Why don't you hybridize the two, Wesley? I'm on the lookout for VFT hybrid seed and would be extremely willing to trade for them. I have some coming, (THANKS BobZ!!!!) and am interested in obtaining as many different cross-cultivar hybrids as possible.

SF

If your plant is growing and flowering it probably was not in suitable dormant condition's as it wouldn't't flower if it was?
probably best to clip both flower bud's off and place them in a suitable area for the rest of the winter. I had one plant flower-bud about 2 weeks ago that i had kept in my room
(to warm to much light) i have since clipped the bud an placed it in old unused kitchen (we have 2 one is unheated) and since then it seems to be going dormant along with my other cp's all still dormant.i asked a friend if i should allow the bud to flower and he suggested no and to put it back into dormancy as its far to early in the season for flowering,

Well, it has been dormant since the begining of November. And the only reason it would have come out was because the sun would be out longer. It stays about the same temp until about may where I have them now. And it was a suitable place a week ago.

Back