What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flowers already

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wesley @ Feb. 11 2004,11:48)]fre8train,
No, it depends on the plant, and when you cut them off, and how much stength it has.  Also, they didn't come up at the same time, they came as I cut the others off.  I would cut on off, and a few days later another would come up.  I also noticed, that as the others came up the were progressively smaller.
Yah, there seems to be two windows of removal. The first is when the bud is just barely their and you pry it out of the center with a tooth pick because you can't fit scissors in. The second varries from plant to plant, but is usually around 3 inches to first flower opening.

Thanks everybody for the help, I can assure myself that the flower is natural, and not its last ditch effort to save the plant I will keep it and try to harvest seeds. I am confident enough to let it grow.

Back