What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting a flytrap...

Hello all, Well im new here, But this is just a new account I forgot my old one and plus all this weird changing stuff with PFT... anyways, My Venus Flytrap's died a long while ago, and I just now decided to order some more... But I dont know which type... Im thinking about getting a Typical... with two planted in one pot, as I want lots of traps. Is this is good idea? Or do two plants in one pot die alot... Do they come already grown, or are they fresh bulbs planted together? Sorry... Lol... I havent used these boards or owned a flytrap in over a year! Plus, what type of humidity do these flytraps need for absolute survival? I remember that typicals grow well in all... but Dente's dont... neither green or red dragons... Im gonna go with the typical I think... I just need some basic info that the care sheet doesnt cover.

Hi and welcome back to the forums. I think you will do all right with any type of VFT. I have typicals, Red Dragon, Green Dragon, and Dentate forms. They all grow well in the low humidity here (25% to 35%). The only thing I have to watch out for is freezing them outside in the late fall. That has claimed more of my VFTs than anything else. Some people have no problem with theirs freezing, but it's a death sentence for mine. I have ordered several of my VFTs from PFT as the two in a pot deal and they have grown just fine, producing lots of offshoots. They are nice sized plants (already grown) preplanted in a three inch pot. Mine have always arrived in excellant condition with little or no shipping shock.

smile.gif

BCK

Back