What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many hours

HI everyone, How many hours of light do you give your plants when they first come out of dormancy? And how often do increase the time under the lights?
Thanks very much.

I just put mine in a south facing window and let them have what ever sun they can. I don't use lights for growing my VFTs. I get better growth and color with sunlight.

smile.gif

BCK

I figure that the logical thing to do is reverse the process I used to bring it into dormancy. Being at a window since June, they had peak light and essentially peak temps. By September, it wasn't as warm and there was considerably less light. By November the temps wer in the 50's and their light was further reduced. By December I had them in an unheated screened in porch. Not much light and they actually froze during the cold snap. I put the sleeping plants in the fridge for the duration of the winter, until two weeks ago. Then I put them by at the cold window sill where ther heat and light have increased - but not too much. They woke up, but they are a far cry from June-like temps and light. It isn't a perfect reflection of North Carolina, but it seems to have worked.

Back