What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Venus Flytrap

I was 12 or 13. Ordered the bulbs from the back of a comic book. I didn't lose a plant, and had them a decade later when mold destroyed my substrate terrarium taking every plant it had taken 15 years to find and grow. Now you know why I advise against growing in a substrate terrarium. It took FOREVER back then to find growers and arrange trades. I had 100 species which back then was considered a spectacular collection. I lost everything within 3 days. It took me another 20 years before I had heart to even think of trying again. Within a year of restarting, I had three times as many plants as I originally had!

I was 12. I got a very nice one, 15 or so traps! It was beautiful. It was at the beach, and they were all doing well. That's new. And they came with good growing instructions, so it did fine with me. It got huge. I skipped two of its dormancies though, and now it has traps exactly the width of the head of a ballpoint pen. But it's coming back in my bog!

Craig

Back