What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many traps must a VFT have...

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
For all you Bobby Dylan fans out there. After dormancy, how many new traps emerge before the plant sends up a flower stalk? Mine pushed out three and a different growth has appeared. Methinks it is a flower. What have you all observed?

New leaves? Hmmm 3 on my red traps, and last year I think my older typical sent up 2 new ones befor the flower. Of course, mine still have a bunch of active leaves from the previous year so that probubly influences it. All the ones who had there leaves eaten off by mold from the cooling failior have only made 2 new leaves for me right now and no one has tried to flower yet. However, only 2 of them look to be near macherity (the older and younger typicals).

Mine have never lost all their leaves during dormancy. They have continued to grow slowly or just stop at where they were when I put them in the fride for dormancy. They would resume normal growth when I pulled them out often sending up flowers shortly afterwards.

smile.gif

BCK

Back