What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Noooooooooooo

Saturday I went home to take care of my plants like I do each week. I came home to several disasters that are mentioned in the proper forums. Anyhow, my VFT disaster is that my flowering plant....
sad.gif
well, the stalk was up to 2 inches and some how rotted at the tip and had a horrible fungi all over it when I got home. Not only this, this same fungi was all over my plant, thankfully it had only killed the bud at this point and I was able to scrape it off the rest of the plant and treat with fungiside... which I now hate because ever since I used it once as a precaustion my plants get infections constently. I think it killed good fungi living with them or something. Anyhow, it looks like my red head plant will not be flowering this year after all
sad.gif
sorry to those who were hoping for pollen or seed. Maybe I will luck out and it will try again since it is still early.

I hope the plant survives. I use alcohol for first fungus attack.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I use alcohol for first fungus attack.
I use it also. It dulls the anxiety of losing a prized plant.
tounge.gif

LOL BobZ!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That's a good one. I'll have to remember that trick next time I have major plant disaster.

Suzanne

horrible horrible joke.

Whats so horrible about that joke? Sorry about your loss:(

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Mar. 16 2004,01:02)]Whats so horrible about that joke? Sorry about your loss:(
you know, a bad joke is a good joke? Horrible in the grone sort of way.

Back