What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new vfts

VFTS are my favorite and now I have 9 total. My growlist is
1. Creeping Death
2. Phil
3. Paul
4. Phil Clumping
5. Bob Clumping
6. Agristarts
7. Home Depot
8. Lowes
9. Blood Red Trap
I am avidly trying to collect more. I wish to trade in the future with other serious growers. I think I will take several cuttings as insurance this year. Happy growing.

what do you mean by "paul and phil?"
rock.gif
tounge.gif
. seems strange to me.
wow you have a lot!
I only have 'akai ryu' typical, and coming soon- 'dente'

Those are the names of the original sources. Thanks I'm always trying to get more.

Where is your typical from and does it grow upright with red traps?

One of my typical has normal colored traps (i.e. a little pink inside) and doesn't grow upright. My other one has upright traps (the bigger ones) and some are red. but I just got that one last week so it doesn't really count. The akai ryu is still waking up but I think it will make upright traps. (and they're red lol)

If you get any spares of 'Creeping Death', let me know! I could probably find a couple things to trade ya!

SF

Nice collection you have there. My favorite vft is 'Pink Venus' ever since I saw it in the auction.

I only have one vft, though. It was producing about 3/4" traps and now it's back down to little ones. Probably from the shock of moving it from the terrarium to outside even though I did acclimate it. Oh well. o_O

Make you you label the lowes and homedepot typicals so people don't get mixed up and start thinking that they are some ultra rare plant and all that, but in truth unless they are named due to some special feature, they still are in fact a typical.  Think about it, what if everyone gave a name just because the plant was a different seed grown plant.  There would be too much confusion.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Cool collection. Maybe you can post pics on thread "Post VFT pics"

Back