What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A new year, another try

Well, seems nobody missed me when I didn't post for a couple a months.
sad.gif

It looks like my green dragons I put in the fridge for dormancy are doing really well, but I forgot I needed to get some new soil to repot the plant. The VFTs are the still in the original pot from PFT from 2 almost years ago! It sure is getting crowded as there is at least 3 plants in there.

I'm letting my VFTs flower, cause I want to successfully grow some seedlings! I have a blood red that sent up a big stalk and I was wondering if it is possible to keep some pollen to try to pollinate the flowers from my green dragons? All the stalks seem out of sync.
sad.gif
Well I guess its worth a try to put some pollen in the fridge.

I just ordered 3 bare roots and some soil from PFT, because as you know my last batch of soil killed roughly half my plants.
sad.gif
Basically every seed that was given to me died, but I kept half in the fridge so I can try again!
smile.gif

Oh well I hope I have better luck this year.

Welcome back.. The VFT forums usually do quite down during dormancy so your not the only one that took a break. I fail to see how this means noone missed you however.

There was a thread recently on preserving VFT pollen so have a look for it. It shouldn't be very far back.

It sure sounds like your soil was a potential culprit since the plants you got potted continued to do well but the ones you planted died... either that or something was really wrong with the planting but it's unlikely to be the case.
Tony

Back