What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This year's experiment

d'oh... Sorry if I sounded a bit abrupt there!
wow.gif
But if it does sprout a plantlet, the chances of the plantlet surviving are slim, form what i've heard... baby flytraps that formed on the flower stalk rarely grow when you plant them in soil...

"behavior box" I remember someone saying that last year... Did i see you at a BACPS meeting last year, with a pot with a baby VFT growing on the flower stalk?
wow.gif

The flower stalk could possibly work in vitro
biggrin.gif

UPDATE - 6/3/04

Okay, I trashed the first stalk, because Spec, even though he has some serious party-pooping issues, was right, and the stalk rotted and never rooted, because it retained no petiole. So then I attained two fresh stalks from two different plants. To remove them, I gently plucked them out of the center of the plant, the rhizomes still intact and healthy, instead of snapping them off without the rhizome like I did before. I put the two about an inch apart in the same pot, and I'm growing them for my mom, because I feel the great need to pay her back for the fact that her two VFTs, which I have been keeping, recently died. I have high hoped these will in fact root. I shall keep you posted!!

I've tried this twice with cut flower stalks, and both just rotted. So, perhaps you'll get a different outcome with the plucked flower stalk =)

Back