What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the diff between dente and typical?

I'm not exactly sure what kind of vft I have. I got it from a hardware store, so I'm assuming that it's a typical
rock.gif

Was it from Home Depot or Lowes? Can you do a digital camera pic? Is it nearly all green or very red? BTW, carnivorekid isn't too far from you.

typicals generally have longer "Teeth" or "Cillia" around the traps. Dentes usually have short, stubby, old lady teeth
laugh.gif

<span id='ME'><center>Spectabilis73 </center></span>

It has long pointy teeth, and it's almost all lime green. So I guess it's a typical. I fed it a slug about 10 days ago, before people here told me that slugs aren't the best things to feed a vft, but the trap opened back up, and it seems fine. All that's left is some black gunk. I'm so proud of my baby.

I don't have a digital camera, so I can't post any pics. I bought it at Frank's nursery.

I'd say go ask Frank or the help, but most retailers and their help are clueless. Did the pot say, "Little Pot Of Horrors" or "Botanical Wonders"? I would go with what Spec said, based upon your description.

Typicals are VERY commonly sold out in the Mid West. So there's a 90% chance it's a typical.

The pot said little pot of horrors. The store I bought it from is a chain nursery store. After looking at some photos, I think it's a typical. Thanks for the help. That's what I originially figured, but I was hoping it was special.
smile.gif

It's special to you, just as my (little pot of horrors) common VFT is special to me.

Back