What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here is my vft that i bought from hd

I've always had an interest in CP's, on my visit to home depot for some plumbing supplies I walk by their plant section and notice VFT's!  For 5$ I couldn't pass it up.  Ive had them since early April and they have been growing well.  I was  wondering if I should transplant them into something a little bigger.  Well here are a couple pictures.

pic1
pic2

Heres my pitcher plant. Doesn't seem like its doing as well
sad.gif

pitcher plant

Welcome to the forums.

I can not get to the picture, message 403 forbidden.

I hosted the pictures on another site. Should be working now.

I saw the first one, and then I got a message saying "Thanks for stealing our bandwidth". You may want to try http://home.petflytrap.com or the link in my signature.

See ya,
Pat

I saw two-out-of-three. The Sarracenia does not look bad. It is a little dry on the edges. maybe more humidity?
All the plants look quite green, so I am thinking they all could use a bit more light to bring those reds out.

Regards,

Joe

Wow, the VFT looks awesome. I wouldn't transplant them until next spring, they look pretty happy in there. Now about your Sarracenia, mine used to look exactly like that in low light conditions, Just toss the Pitcher Plant outside and it'll start to grow much better with good red coloration. Remember to slowly adjust the lighting though, as direct sunlight can be alittle harsh on the pitcher plant if it hasn't been exposed to it yet...

I saw the vfts they look pretty good but could use some more light the older traps on the plant are a nice red so if you slowly adjusted it to outdoor full sun conditions it would be a gorgeus plant:)

Oh and <span style='color:red'>Font Color</span> WELCOME TO THE FORUMS! <span style='color:black'>Font Color</span> I hope you`ll enjoy them.

The vfts look really nice. You have tons of traps. I agree, though, that you should expose them to more sunlight. You'll have an awesome red pot-o-death!

My VFT's are currently exposed to sunlight behind a bay window in our house that receives a good amount of sunlight. Would it be better if they are kept outside? Its been scorching hot here in California as of late which is why im a bit scared.

Would a bag over the pitcher plant be a good idea? Because thats what im doing to force humidity.

Id eventually like to have a wide variety of CP's. My VFT's do not look unique, same with my pitcher plants. For example the red dragons are so beautiful and distinct looking, I love them! and ive seen some pitcher plants that look so different from mine and colors so vibrant. Thanks for the warm welcomes I plan to frequent this forum more often. So far its been nothing but informative.
biggrin.gif

Both Sarracenias and VFT's come from the southeast, where it is hot and humid. They also experience some semblence of a winter, requiring a dormancy period. That was a very general statement about the lion's share of them. I wouldn't put a bag over them. I would place them in containers that will hold rain or distilled water. You can limit sun by placement in less sunny areas. I keep all my Sarrs and VFT'ds outside for Spring, Summer and Fall. Green is good, but red is great!

nice, I've been reading a few days and a few days ago I couldn't see the second pic of the ft, but was able to see the pitcher plant, now I can see both the ft pics but not the pitcher plant lol nice pics though

Back