What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft buds - seeds on the way?

Hi folks - I'm new to this whole VFT growing business, but I've been having a lot of fun so far.  Flowers were already beginning to shoot up when my plants were shipped to me a few weeks ago, so I let them grow.  Why not? - growing lots of little VFT's sounded like a cool idea.

Once the buds opened, I harvested the pollen with a letter opener, stored it in a cool location, and transferred it to the stigma of the next plant once it was receptive after a couple of days.  So far, so good - the only thing is that now that the flowers have closed up, two have gone black and one is staying green (see picture).  Which are the healthy ones, and should I cut the others off?  They all opened within a couple of days of each other.

Picture here: http://www.hdpixel.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7099

Thanks Bob - I had seen the first web-site you mentioned before, but the pictures on the French web-site are new to me. I'm not seeing anything resembling the seeds inside the shrivelled buds at the moment, which leads me to think that the pollination didn't work out. But it's only been two or three weeks, so maybe I need to give it more time. My money's on the green buds to produce seed. Thanks.

Back