What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should i trim dead traps?

Hello. I am new to raising Venus Flytraps and new to these forums. This place has already answered quite a few of my questions -- thanks for being here! I'm sure you've prevented many, many plant deaths.

In addition to a nursery-purchased plant, I recently recieved a green dragon VFT in the mail. Both plants seem very happy (I'll post pictures soon!) but the mail-ordered one arrived with three or four quite dead traps shriveled on the ground near the base of the plant. Should I trim these away or just leave them in the pot? If the answer is to trim them, how should I accomplish this? Hey -- I told you I was new here! I would think little shears.

I use a scissors to clip anything dead. If the leaf supprting the dead trap is alive - I leave it alone. It is still performing photosynthesis.

Back