What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving

i got a flytrap trio and want to put it in a terrarium. how would i get them seperated enough to plant them in different spots. would this be hard? please tell wut yur technique is for this
biggrin.gif

just take them out, and put them under running water. the water will wash away the soil, leaving u to seperate. after though, just rinse them with Pure Water (RO, Rain, Distilled) and then soak them in super thrive to prevent shock. After, just replant. thats how i put in plants in my terrarium.

Of course, if you are patient, you don't absolutely need to separate them now. I bought a trio last August, put them through dormancy, and am now being rewarded with 2 flower stalks - and - a baby plant, attached to one of them. The reason why I suggest waiting, is that the process of separating and replanting could very well put them into shock and set them back several weeks. Late dormancy, around February, when they are too zonked to noticed, is the best time to change things around.

Now, having said that, I just purchased one of those plastic cube thingys from Lowes that contains 3 CP's. This cube appeared to have only a cobra lily in it and I was able to get it for 1/3 the normal price. When I took the lid off I saw that the soil wa dry as a bone. So I went to put it in another set up. Then I discovered, buried and white, a VFT and a D. adelae. I transplanted all three so that they can be ipen tray. The cobra lily leaves all withered, but the plant is still clinging to life. the adelae is in shock, but I saw that has the teeniest amount of dew on it. The VFT is doing the best of all. The white leaves, from lack of light, are toast. New leaves emerged and are doing well. Basically, depending upon the state of the plant and one's expertise in handling them, determine how well they will take to changing around their environment. Good luck! (skill)

Back