What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post pics..

Hi everyone. Jmenprkr started a picture thread of neps in the nep section
smile.gif

Lets start a VFT. Show your most prized VFT or any other VFT you might have.
Enjoy!
smile_m_32.gif
smilie4.gif

Being new to this, all I've got is one VFT, so here's a blurred and undetailed picture taken when I first got it (yeah my camera skills suck).

VenusFlytap1.jpg

Lets put pics,
smile.gif

how do you put a pic that isnt on the internet anyways?
confused.gif

Here are some pics of my VFT in my bog, some seedlings, and a macro of a dente
248DSCN2049-med.JPG

248DSCN2050-med.JPG

248DSCN2041-med.JPG

248DSCN2043-med.JPG

248DSCN1990-med.JPG

248DSCN1979copy-med.JPG

Enjoy
biggrin.gif

Thanks, cool bog garden! Youre are probably excited about the plantlets, I would.

Lets put more pics fellow VFT growers,

how do you put a pic that isnt on the internet anyways?

u go to a posting site, and upload your photos.
Heres a site that provides free space, and lots of it
biggrin.gif

HD pixel
it tells you how to on the site, if u dont get it, let me know, ill try to explain it to u

Ok, here goes:  my VFT pictures can be found here. I know that there are some doubles and some are blurry as... Something really blurry, but this started as a test.  If you look closely in the 1st pic, you can see a spiderweb.  I guess it thought that it'd be a good idea to make its home amongst big gaping mouthes.  Hehe.

here's some of my favorite photos...
there are more on the other website as well.

click here

A photo from last summer...

largetraps7-03RS.jpg

I'll get new "Dingley Giant pics" to post. I'll post my webpage soon. I promise.

Here's mine...

VFT in terrarium
vft1.jpg

Close up of traps
vft2.jpg

I've had this plant for about two years.  It grew some tiny and sometimes deformed traps at the beginning of this year, after putting out 2 flower buds (that I cut off).  After this it seemed to split up and form a clump, and now there seem to be somewhere around 4 growing points (I like having a bushy plant)!  The trap size also seems to be going back to normal.

-Ben

VISTARY where do u get those lil green bushes laying around ur vft? what is it, after coming out of dormancy does it grow bigger then last stage? oh wen its dormanting, does all the traps die and the root is left?
confused.gif
confused.gif

Plantakiss~ How old was that VFT when you took that pic? I'm asking cuz I just bought two and I'm curious as to how small they usually are when you get them (I bought them off this site, btw)

scott

aznsushi- thats living spaghnum moss, it's what cp's grow it. many people use dead spag. moss as a growing media, and then it's brown.

i can get you some in a month or two, pm me if your interested.

With all the wonderful pix of vft out there, i taken the time to use photoshop and created this, PM me if u want wallpaper of it
smile_m_32.gif

VflytrapSmall.jpg

Back