What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traps...

my vft has some closed traps, one of them, 3 days ago i feed with a mosquitoe, other trap, is new (1 or 2 weeks), and the other isn't new, and i think is empty... what can i do to open the traps??
how many time does the new traps need to open??
PS: my vft has many traps...but is it normal (some traps keep closed)??
cya...

pry them open with a crowbar
smile_n_32.gif

They sound like the new one should open any day know, and the other one is probably just about done

Some traps keep close if they're digestive prey (or if they are damaged and atarting to rot), just wait for them to open, it won't take long. The trap is green right? Maybe you should tempt it by hanging a cricket over it, yeah I know I'm cruel mwhahahha >;-D
smile_n_32.gif

Grrr...how the heck does one make the devilish smiley work??
confused.gif
mad.gif
I've seen ppl do it b4, someone please tell me, so that I can put ti to such good use...
smile_n_32.gif

When I got my plant I had a trap that was closed slightly (but not all the way) and one that was closed all the way. The one that was closed slightly has finally opened up, just give it a few days. If it doesn't it's probably too old and will hopefully die to make room for some new growth.

As for the trap that was shut tight on mine, it is still closed, so I can only presume it has something tasty in there.
smile_n_32.gif

Devilish smiley attempt:  >;-D

smile_s_32.gif
mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BigCarnivourKid @ May 30 2004,7:42)]
smile_s_32.gif
mwahahahahahahaha!!!!!
That's cheating. But if that's the only way then I guess
smile_s_32.gif
smile_s_32.gif
mwahahahaha!

i have noticed that on my vft's, sometimes the traps won't open after eating. i presume this to be normal, as they always have new growth coming out from the center.

peace,
tech...

I have a new trap that just started to open its kind of messed up and uneaven
confused.gif
Like this.
~~~~~
~~~~~ A normal one would look like this ~~~~~
~~~~~

I also have some leaves that have traps the size of a period and they die while the leave is growing. WHats going one???

Like wha? I don't get you...you mean to illustrate the ~~~~ as a jaw or what?

Hey BCK how'd you do the devilish smiley...*testing*: >;-D

I used its URL and posted it as and image--> [ IMG]http: //www.petflytrap.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_s_32.gif[ /IMG]
smile_n_32.gif
smilie4.gif

Back