What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seedling update :d

This guy(or girl
smile_n_32.gif
j/k) is doing swell!!!
248DSCN2041-med.JPG

Do u think this is a dente? of is it to early to tell?
248DSCN2043-med.JPG

P. Ioantha seedling
biggrin.gif
yay What can i feed it to increase growth?
248DSCN2044-med.JPG

Are these nep seeds germinating!?  N. Mirabilis
248DSCN2045-med.JPG

248DSCN2046-med.JPG

Yay! It may just be me, but the first picture looks Dente... Is the VFT just in a peat-perlite mix? Or did you throw in anything else? I'm going to be sowing some seeds soon myself (
smile.gif
), and seeing as your mix seems to be working... Oh, and as a seedling, what type fo light have you been giving it??

cool, none of my seeds have ever germinated, I think I'm gonna give it another try, with Biblys liniflora (Courtesy of SASE)

umm lets c....
the VFT are on a mix 50/50 sand and peat (i think i added to much sand tho
smile_n_32.gif
) and no perlite.
Best wishes,
Hellz

Wow, well done. Esspecially with the Nepenthes!

i believe it was beginers luck, or the superthrive i used
smile_n_32.gif

Nevertheless, you did very well.The only seeds I ever managed to germinate was Sarracenia pssitaccina last August. They tripled in size and is now they are in parate pots. They are doing very well.

wow, i never knew seeds were difficult to germinate...
i keep myn 4-5 inches away from 2 60 watt compact flouresents, and leave it on for 24/7. i think im gonna get a seed tray heat meat, so it will reamin the same temperature at night, for the nep seeds. does anyone know where i can get a seed tray heat mat?
Thanks in Advanced,
Hellz

Yup, those are Nep seeds. Gives me something to look forward to - I hope. mine still won't germinate.

YAY!!!
after that mix up with the hitchhiker grass and nep seedlings, im happy that some of them are germinating
biggrin.gif

horray for me
biggrin.gif

wow! Do you know how to germinate byblis seeds, scince copper is sending me some, and I have no idea how to sew them

um, which byblis? liniflora or Gigantea?
Gigantea needs to be either smoke treated with real smoke or smoke discs, or Gibberlic acid needs to be added inorder to germinate.
They bothe appreciate an airy mix, like 2:1 Sand to peat moss, and u can add other things to lighten it like perlite, lava rock, or pumice.
Best wishes,
Hellz

Back