What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft food

Yes, Moths are a good food for VFT (atleast for me, i never had problems feeding a VFT a moth)
but it would be hard for VFT to catch em because they only come out at night, and VFT slow down at night because there is no sun.
Hellz

O.K, just make sure the moth isnt bigger than 1/2 the size of the trap!
If it is then the trap will turn black and die!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (HellzDungeon @ June 05 2004,2:23)]Yes, Moths are a good food for VFT (atleast for me, i never had problems feeding a VFT a moth)
but it would be hard for VFT to catch em because they only come out at night, and VFT slow down at night because there is no sun.
Hellz
Yup, and also I agree with starman, no bigger than 1/2 trap size or it will die

By the way, the 1/2 trap size rule applies to ANY insect.

smile.gif
they are fine although Ive heard that in places they produce some toxic hormone or pheramone (or however ya spell it) that can kill your plants when they are ready for mating. Its been a couple of years ago that I read it here and Im sure the topic has been deleted. Ugh I wish I could remember the whole post!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 05 2004,3:02)]By the way, the 1/2 trap size rule applies to ANY insect.
Not that there is a whole lot of difference between 1/2 & 1/3, but I believe Barry Rice suggests 1/3 size as rule of thumb in his FAQ.

Back