What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Distilled water

Y dont u get a RO filter?
they are great for plants, and also good for drinking water.
i suggest u get one if u are really interested in growing these plants.
Best Wishes,
Hellz

I checked on RO filter pricing, and the only one I managed to find was $1200 US... kinda much in my opinion...

You can buy de-ionesed water(this works for me, been using it on my plants nearly a year) at patrol stations. My friend says there is a 2 liter bottle of disstiled water at Morrinsons(is that how you spell it?)
Regards,
Dino

A kettle with a filter on it will not work.

It must be rain, distilled or RO water. I think some people use the water that drips out of air conditioners and its like distilled.

Unfortunately, being in the US, I can't help you out with suggestions.

Deionized water from an environmental laboratory works well.

I'm sorry, can't right say where you might get some in the UK. You might have more luck finding and answer in the Foreign Resources section. Good luck.

I'm kinda' curious...why do gasoline stations in the UK carry de-ionised water?
I mean...what could they possibly use it for?
confused.gif

People buy de-ionised water to put in kettles and steam irons. There is very little or no minerals in it, this prevents scale formation.

Yup, also used for old car batteries. It wont do any harm to your plants, so dont worry.

this might be a dumb question but for the sake of saving money would it be okay to put an empty bucket outside to catch rain water and re-use that for however long it lasts?

It does not rain much in summer so I always buy water. Rainwater works fine.

Rain water is also acceptable. The UK gets enough of that, hey?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The 92nd Fish @ June 08 2004,1:11)]It is used for filling up old car batteries that need water refills to work. And why do Americans call petrol, gasoline?
Why do brits call gasoline petrol?

Back