What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will these produce seeds, and should i cut off 2nd

well the flowers that have bloomed it seems the individual stalks they were on are turning black a bit under them, as you can see in the picture, will i still get seed?
confused.gif
smile_h_32.gif

http://www.angelfire.com/games3/raw__blood/picture.html
and the other is a pic of a flower bud, is it a flower bud?
cause i will cut it off if it is, this is second one this year.

well im deciding to cut it off,
even though ill be replanting and possibly making it weaker for next year and it wont make any flower stalks.
can anyone tell me if ill still get seed from those darkened flowers?

How old is your VFT? Mine won't flower even though it looks too healthy to beat any other...plus if it keeps increasing its trap size its next prey wil be my dog. And also I WANT SEEDS Waaaaahhhhh...I thought 4 year old VFTs flower usually in a yearly cycle? Since mine is not undergoing dormancy (tropical weather) then I expect it to flower even more regularly, maybe the seller cut off the flower stalk or got the seeds b4 it came to me, or both...
smile_l_32.gif

Try shining a torch in it and see if you can spot a shine off the surface of the seeds (and use a magnifying glass if you want to better close up your view) and if your eyes are old and withered like some of us here *nudge nudge*I've heard that they're shiny and packed in a circular lattice or cylinder like structure (there was a pic on this forum somewhere, just can't seem to find it now). Use your fingers to pop them out with a paper or tissue barrier in front to catch any flying seed, I've heard that they can fly quite far (only 'bout a metre or two) and you won't eb able to intercept or find it ater that, believe me...

Your flowers might be darkening from the black colour of the seeds inside, or just...darkening...I mean withering, you see...
smile_n_32.gif

ok, the reason im asking and hoping theres seeds is cause i wont cut off 2nd flower stalk if for some reason i wont have seeds, ok so im gona try wut usaid. thx.
did you look at my pics ?

Back