What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some humoungous venus flytraps!

I have some pictures of some of big Venus Flytraps from Charles Brewer. He's a really nice guy and had a Dionaea that measures 15 inches in diameter! I'll try to get the pics that he sent me online by tommorow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]15 inches in diameter

Drat, I think I need to change my jeans now... That's wow. I look forward to those pics.

It would be nice if you posted it in the thread "VFT pics"

I don't know much about the plant.  I was reffered to the guy from a recent trade for the cup trap.  
The pictures are not of the 15 inch Venus flytrap, but are of a huge 2 inch venus flytrap, fused tooth, and wacky trap which I don't see much of on the internet.  
The sad thing is that most of his plants died because of the cold winter and now is composed of a few, where his collection was of more the 200 different cultivars!  Including a white one but died...  
I'll try to get some more pictures, maybe the 14 inch diameter "Big Red".

Wacky Trap
WackoVFT.jpg

Big Venus Flytrap
LgVFTTrap.jpg

Fused Trap
FUSED1.jpg

Cup Trap
CupVFT.jpg

are cup traps functional?
very nice VFT, i especially like the wacky traps
biggrin.gif

is wacky traps functional aswell?
i take it prob not
Hellz

If I had it my way, "fused trap" would be Bear Claws or something-nice pics!

Post the 15 incher...I don't believe you!

Hey, I'm just taking his words in trust. I just asked him to see if he has any pics of the 15 incher.

Wow, those are some crazy VFT's!  Tell him "
smile_k_ani_32.gif
" from me, wont you please?  
smile_m_32.gif

could you post those pics in the thread "Post pics of VFTs here" so we can have an archive of VFT pics

A public forum is not a good place for an 'archive' of photos. Photo links go dead and noone wants to download dozens of full size photos looking for a specific plant or two.

(not to mention it's getting kind of annoying reading replys that simply state.. post that in the picture thread. If someone wanted to post it in the picture thread they would have.)

BOBZ's site just listing the links is far more practical:
CP Photofinder - Dionaea

Tony

I am really sad that happened to Charles.
If he says he has one that big, he does. This guy actually feeds cricket frogs to his flytraps on occasion.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tony Paroubek @ June 18 2004,12:37)]A public forum is not a good place for an 'archive' of photos.  Photo links go dead and noone wants to download dozens of full size photos looking for a specific plant or two.

(not to mention it's getting kind of annoying reading replys that simply state.. post that in the picture thread.  If someone wanted to post it in the picture thread they would have.)

BOBZ's site just listing the links is far more practical:
CP Photofinder - Dionaea

Tony
OK tony, gotch yah. No more post like that from me.
Sorry for being impractical, I should have thought of that.

Sorry

Oh, sorry about that tony it's my first time posting pictures on the forums.
So is posting the links for people instead of the actuall what you mean?

Your thread is fine Peter. Your choice to post links or the photos themselves. Generally speaking if they are really big files then best to use links.

Anyway, back to the original point of the thread. Peter, have you gotten any pics from Charlie yet? I'm really anxious to see this vft! Maybe we could feed stray animals to it!
laugh.gif
Help control the pet population. Ooh, that's gonna be my sig now.

Back