What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh no...

Yesterday, these kids came to my house and triggered my VFTs. Out of my 15 functional traps, in all my VFTs, they triggered 9 fucntional traps!
mad.gif
I hope this doesnt have any major problems with my VFTs, since their triggering caused my VFTs to lose lots of energy.

I think your VFTs will slow down or stop growing for a while.
I dont think they will die, but dont trigger any traps for a while.

Just give it some extra TLC and it'll grow like normal in a day or two.

traps wont affect the plant that much, but like starman and peter said, try not to stress it out. i fed all my traps on my clumping cultivar plant, and it started pumping out lots more traps after.
Best wishes,
Hellz

Guys, the only harm this will do the plants is that those traps lost one of their close opportunities (traps can only close so many times).  Other than that, no harm done.  I wouldn't worry about stress, or the like.  My VFT's are outside, and they get tripped by blowing dirt, falling twigs, etc.  All my plants are doing just fine.

The traps should open up within a day or two.

Back