What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small new growth

Ok; most likely the 143rd topic asking bout the same thing, but I'm a bit too tired to backtrack.

I came home from a week of work, and like 9 traps on my vft were black. The new traps that has come (6), are very small.
The ones that came before them were about an inch long, but these are less than half an inch long.

This kind of bites major goat, what to do?

Thanks /Quensel

The first trap it sent up my VFT sent up after all its traps died was about a 1/4 of an inch across! The trps are now a decent size, around 1 inch.

This isnt one trap, it's 6! Something fishy is definately afoot here methinks!

Hmmmm...... are they ALL the same size?
My 1st trap was 1/4 of an inch, second a bit bigger, than another bit bigger......I think they are still getting bigger!

Same thing happened to me. I think I may have shocked the roots when I repotted. Now all the growth is really tiny! This makes me really mad, because now I have to basically start all over again. Although, my baby vfts seem to catch a lot more than my big ones. They catch gnats almost as soon as the trap opens.

wats the biggest length they can get? at wat age?

Back