What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I got my vfts!

• Thread starter nature_boi
  • Start date
Dey're so darn cuuuute!

lol They're smaller than I thought they would be, but what the hey! lol

I watered them with rain water and put them in a small basin with some more rw then placed them in my bay window....any mistakes?? lol I'm so excited!!
smile_n_32.gif

a couple quick questions I have...

1) are there any bugs that would be bad to feed to one's VFT??
2) Would it be bad to immediately stick a VFT in filtered sun, or should I just gradually push it into the sun? (My bay window has several large Pecan trees outside which give a lot of shade and for the sun that does get through, which is quite a lot at times, is filtered through a window screen, for your info)
3) Would it be bad to feed all the traps in one day or should I spread the feeding out a little bit?

More questions on the way I'm sure...
Thanks in advance for the help!!
smile_n_32.gif

smile_n_32.gif

Feed all your traps at once and they'll die.
One trap once a week max. (Or buy more plants
smile.gif
)

Good luck with your CP.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Phyrex @ July 08 2004,7:02)]Feed all your traps at once and they'll die.
I've never had that happen with mine.
confused.gif
I have my vft's outside and the traps are digesting bugs most of the time.

Yeah, they're awesome. How many did you order? I ordered 26, and got 36. Now I'm ordering 10 more.

Craig

I received a BUNCH of extras when I ordered mine. PFT is good about throwing in the extras!
smile_n_32.gif

Back