What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble with superthrive

ok i added about a half a teaspoon of superthrive to 1 gallon and soaked newly bought peat moss in it and planted a new big mouth in it. (for about 16 hours) then i found out too much superthrive on the roots is a bad thing... so i went and bought a new gallon of water and watered the soil and let all the old water drip out, (trying to dillute) will my plant be ok?? will it burn, rot or curse my mom out or something. was what they told me true?

HMMMMMM.....

Dont know really, Superthrive is said to be effective for some and others notice no difference at all after applying it. I guess you've set up the experiment, so let us know what happens. If you flushed you're pot my guess is it will be ok.

great my first vft is an experiment
confused.gif
it looked good this morning, i hope it will be ok
cool.gif

Half a teaspoon in a gallon is a lot, , but your plant will be fine even without the flushing of the pot. Recommmended use of thrive is up to 6 drops per gallon. A little more than that won't hurt them either, but use a set and known amount to prevent problems. Too much will burn the daylights out of your baby! You are ok yourself though. Half a teaspoon isn't too much, but still a lot.

can i use superthrive in the distilled water every day? (i mean the water i use regularly to water my plants) or should i just water it once in a while (once a week or once a month) with superthrive?

I generally only use it to off set repoting stress. If you have as many bug's in you're yard as I do I see no need. It's not a fertalizer and with CPs probably not the best to supplement their diet. It seems I've heard of people using it and then I believe it was once a month. When I've repotted a plant in the past I use about 1/4 a capfull in a cereal bowl of distilled water. Thats the only time I use it on CPs.

Back