What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Snails! mini centepide thingys!

After just setting up my new Vivarium I just noticed snails and small centipede thingys!! Is my plant under danger?? Will my plant eat theese things?? What can I do?

I Just chucked out of the window a Fu*%*ng huge one!!!. Now I'm really worried!!!!!!!!

Should I use snail and slug pellets? Can I take the plant out and sit it on a plate of water? I Did some deeper digging and found worms aswell!!

Hey, a common solution to getting rid of critters is to leave your VFT submerged in water over night, this will kill all the bugs and your VFT can more then handle an overnight in water. Good luck!

*EDIT* ...Distilled Water!

And put the snail pellets in when the VFT is submerged? Or do you mean just pour a load of distilled water into the vivarium and drown the asty kritters? Does this count for eggs aswell?

Pour a load of distilled water into the tank and drown them. That's your best bet...

Aquatic growing, they call it. VFTs usually experience flooding in their native habitat, so a night or two underwater won't do them any harm.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ July 20 2004,12:01)]Aquatic growing, they call it. VFTs usually experience flooding in their native habitat, so a night or two underwater won't do them any harm.
I was thinking of doing that myslef. How well do Nep and drosera take this?

Not sure about neps, but it takes the fun out of dosera growing...they lose their 'dewing' ability and becomes a mass of inactive traps. They will still grow, but are unable to catch insects.

Back