What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Own your own vft bog!

I have heard off and on for years that the famous fly trap site in Hosford, FL was for sale. Well, I visited the site myself this morning and indeed there are 10s of 1000 of plants. It was amazing. Unfortunatly, it also was pouring rain so there are no photos to share. And, yes the entire section along that road including the bog area is for sale. The sign said 518 acs for sale, will sub divided. The sign was new according the Jim Miller, my bogging buddy.

How much is it?... LOL Just hope it doesn't get destroyed for some houses or something

Yeah, how much is it?

Capslock

Ooo ooo! What's the price tag?

No price was given. only the real estate company listing the property and no I don't know that either. Good through work huh? Call down to Hosford and inquire.

I hope whoever buys it does NOT subdivide or develop...or there goes more CPs in the wild.
smile_h_32.gif

Maybe someone from here will buy it!
biggrin.gif
How cool to own your own natural VFT farm.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ July 19 2004,4:09)]Maybe someone from here will buy it!  
biggrin.gif
 How cool to own your own natural VFT farm.
I'm very willing to bet we can get a fund raiser started to actually buyu the place...Seriously.

I would contribute to that fund raiser... without thinking twice about it

Say something about it to the ICPS and have them spread it around to start a fundraiser.. 500+ acres is a lot of land.. Hel*, Family owns 150 acres in Michigan which I'm positive holds CPs and I can't even traverse it all

how cool would that be to own some of that!!! I agree with everyone here!! I really hope they dont destroy the plants!! Would they though?? Are VFTs still endangered??
Anyway-fundraiser sounds cool!!
smile.gif

yeah they are still on the endangered species list..
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]How cool to own your own natural VFT farm.
Cool is right!
cool.gif
I think, though, that raising money to buy 500 over acres would be a huge task which would take a while, which, by that time, the land might have been bought by some rich a$$ and turned into a contruction site.

VFTs are endangered?!?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Jason

Maybe if we get each of our members to contribute $500 each then we'd have the cash. We have...what, 2000 members? Put a price tag on joining TF, and staying in it. Just an idea.
smile.gif
Maybe ppl who have busnisess can contribute...

Ill buy 1 acre! My dad can buy maybe 20, my brother maybe 2?

woah ive always dreamed of having land with cps in it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm very willing to bet we can get a fund raiser started to actually buyu the place...Seriously.
Maybe our newly formed NASC could step in and raise some $$ ?

some $$$? some $$$? More like a freakin' $%^^& load of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
biggrin.gif
smile_m_32.gif

But yeah I suppose that's an idea...
smile_l_32.gif

Jason

Another auction might help we raised a couple thousand last time, and maybe CPUK Could contribute? I'd be willing to sell and buy some plants, and maybe they might give us a discount if we tell themm why we're buyin' it

It might be a good idea to send the address of the site to The Nature Conservancy. Perhaps they have the funds available to purchase the site.

Back