What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very strange...

f79a8985.jpg

I bought this VFT from a greenhouse, and about 3 weeks after i put it in a growing tray with my other VFT's (which are growing fine) all but one of the leaves turned brown and fell off.  the one trap stuck around for about another week before, it to turned brown and died.  Now their is a little VFT growing in the middle of the dead ones.

So, Is this plant in dormancy, or is this a baby plant?

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Most often when that happens to my VFT plants it is due to attack by mites. Here in the desert southwest it has become quite common. I have resorted to "oil of cinnamon", DDVP insecticide, and isolating unaffected plants in sealed plastic bags.

Others have posted information about other mite remedies they use. I recommend using the search feature to check those threads for their information.

Be sure to use a high powered lens and check for living mites on living VFT leaves before using mite treatments. You can't kill mites if you don't have mites.</span>

Back