What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm stumped

do i leave it in the pot? won't the peat start floating in the water?
confused.gif

Ok, its underwater. should i be worried that its a new plant? i've only had it for about a month (came bare root) and its about an inch in diameter?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Aug. 12 2004,11:03)]my big mouth is still not growing, no leaves are dying though, maybe it thinks its in dormancy or something? it was imported from australia?
Newly imported plants sometimes do that from an extreme change in evironment. it will recover from shock (if it is in shock that is). The leaves might rot later on.

I don't really know much about aquatic growing, think you should seek advice from some of the more experienced growers like say Tamlin. I say just leave it there (potted/bare root your choice), and when you have eliminated the possibility of any bad bugs, then keep it in an emergency grow chamber, with the same conditions as their native habitat.

Now, how 'bout another article on aquatic growing Tamlin...
smile_m_32.gif

Back