What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, growing point gone 15+ plants

hi VFTers,

i left my camera somewhere
confused.gif

so i don't have pictures

15+ of my VFTs were flowering, so i pulled the flowers out from the center like a leaf cutting,
now it looks like the plant has NO growing point
When i look at the center of the plant, i just see the ribbed out part of the flower

HELLP! im worried!

Well, you're really supposed to cut off the flower before they bloom unless you wanted to see them bloom. It's pretty much useless to let the flowers bloom then chop em off. They aren't the prettiest flowers. I think you're supposed to cut them off once they get about....like 3-4 inches. I don't think you killed your plant though. What does the bottom of the flower stalk look like?

the bottom of the flower looks like broken off vft bulb

Don`t worry It`ll develope offshoots in time.

As long as it's not the whole bulb it will be fine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don`t worry It`ll develope offshoots in time.

offshoots? will they be the same size as the traps the are having now or traps the size of a new baby VFT?

or do you mean more leaves?

thx

They should be normal sized. It's coming from the same plant so they should be the same size. They could grow a little smaller to save energy. But probably not. I wouldn't worry about it to much. Just keep an eye on it for a little. Keep us posted if anything new happens.

ofshoots are like baby plants, so they won't be the same size.

don't worry about it.

Back