What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft paradisia

Has anyone heard of this vft before?I have seen it listed as 'Paradisia' on a website.If you do a google search you can find the site.The site sells them so I wont list it here.

Jerry

Jerry,
The wife and I was planning on going to the Washington Zoo on Sat. I found out there was a nursery nearby that has that type. First time I've ever heard about it myself.
Unfortuantly the weather looks bad and I told him I'll come down some other time.

I have one, got it from Australia, I don't know what's unique about it yet
here it is
VFTaug04_004.sized.jpg

smile.gif

I have this variety. The leaves are a little outwards-bending, and in the inards of the traps will colour up nicely under strong light. It is flowering right now. Strange, I thought this species was fairly common...
confused.gif

It doesn't look much different from the typical vft.  I can see the leaves look a little "wavy". Is this the main difference?

I think that weyx's plants were all light starved from Triffild park...(Triffild park I think has a habit of doing that) so being light starved it started making longer erect leaves to try to catch some light.
With good care and time Paradisia should be a plant that grows in a very compact circle with the traps hugging the ground. Quite a site to behold!

Thats cool Steve,no places like that around here.The plant I saw,had red leaves and had a compact,ground hugging form.

Jerry

That cool Steve!I wish I could find a place like that local.All that I would need then is a sack of money a truck to haul them home!LOL

Jerry

Let us see photos of your Czech Giant, Dutch, and Fang. I have never seen a photo of Czech Giant and the photo of Dutch on the Triffid Park site looks like a typical VFT to me.

The Czech Giant and Dutch are small, and Fang tiny.

Here is a picture of the fang. I saw the mother plant the cuttings came from which had very thick teeth and red traps.
133vftfang.jpg

Here is a picture of the Czech Gaint. The traps are a pink color but the teeth are a purplish color which I liked.
133vftczechg.jpg

The Dutch had very deep red traps and the teeth are also the same color.
133vftdutch.jpg

That dutch is very nice with that red line:)

What about that huge typical
Steve?
smile_m_32.gif

Nice plants Steve!

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.

Here's the typical in a 4" pot. Traps a little over 1 5/8".
133vftlrg.jpg

Back