What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A t/c mutation?

I stopped by walmart, and in the garden section they had the usual pot full of almost dead VFT's.  Upon some of them there were the healthier ones and the healthy ones displayed a Sawtooth like caracteristic and there was one that looked liked a dente except the teeth are kind of weird.
They are still stressed so their permenant caracteristics is not for certain.

The Sawtooth look alike
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/BigPeter/Frame00514.bmp

Is that the New walmart? I bought one of those guys, It does look sorta like a sawtooth.

It just looks like a stressed out sawtooth to me.

Just looks light starved and too little water is all...

Yeah, but those were the original traps of the plant, so in a little while I'll be able to tell wether it inherits any special traits or not.  According to my experience and the rest of the VFT's at walmart, the stressed dente's still looked like a stessed dente, but these stood out of the group.
It's hard to say for sure, but if it is a Sawtooth lookalike that would be cool.
Grim, I bought this guy from the older Walmart in Commerce.  But they probably get the plants from the same distibutor so maybe you got a T/C mutation plant too.  Keep me updated on your plant too!
Yep, I did buy that one Kirk. Although I regreted not buying a few more though...

What do you mean Kirk? that a stressed Dentate displays Sawtooth Charateristics?...

dentate and sawtooth are the same thing
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Sep. 05 2004,12:52)]dentate and sawtooth are the same thing
confused.gif
Are you asking if they are the same thing or saying they are?
If your asking then no they are not the same.

Dentate and it's other similarly named plants have small triangular teeth.

Sawtooth has small triangular teeth that are further broken down into smaller teeth.

I just picked up two more yesterday, these guys seem alot healthier and the tooth effect is alot more promising.

In regards to 'Dentate Traps' if it looks just like it, it is it. That's the way Cultivar Registration works. Doesn't matter where it came from: if it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, barks like a dog and has fleas: its a dog.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ Sep. 14 2004,3:58)]In regards to 'Dentate Traps' if it looks just like it, it is it.  That's the way Cultivar Registration works.  Doesn't matter where it came from: if it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, barks like a dog and has fleas: its a dog.
There are a few exceptions though, eh William?
smile_m_32.gif

Back