What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My babies!

Here are my latest additions to my VFT family!
(links will open new windows)

For people with high-speed (large images):
Whole VFT family
Parents
Seedlings 1
Seedlings 2

For people without high-speed (smaller images)
Whole VFT family
Parents
Seedlings 1
Seedlings 2

And somehow, I have this thing growing in my seedling pots:
Mystery Plant

I don't know what it is - I don't even have any plants that look like it!  I really have no idea how it got there.  Anyway, there are about 50 or so VFT seedlings out of an original 148.  I lost a lot of them because this is my 1st time trying this, and I didn't foresee all the problems that I had (mainly flooding of the trays, so a bunch floated away!).

So there ya go
smile.gif

nice, better than my first attempt. I placed the 100 watt incandescent light bulb kinda close... ok 1 inch away... ::sigh:: do i have to say more? i had fried vft seeds for dinner that night
smile_n_32.gif

Nice plants, and nice pictures!
the mystery plant is a little sundew!
smile.gif

(looks to me like your VFTs could use more light..are they getting any direct sun?)

oh! duh..you just got them!
nevermind..

Scot

The sundew seedling kinda looks like spatulata but there are many sundews that look like spatulata so it could be many things. You'll just have to wait and see. ^_^

[b said:
Quote[/b] ](looks to me like your VFTs could use more light..are they getting any direct sun?)
oh! duh..you just got them!
Well, the VFTs that are already full-grown I've had for months.  I recently realized that they weren't getting enough sun, so I just moved them here, like, 4 days ago and they haven't quite perked up yet.

The seedlings are my new addition, not the grown plants
smile_n_32.gif

Your sundew looks like a D. Filiformis or some other type maybe?...
Itsn't it cool how these sundews pop out of nowhere?
smile.gif

BTW- very nice plants

Such a nice family! The mystery sundew is too young to really determine.

not bad at all im getting some seed from the ICPS, and hopefully they'll be ready for sewing by march (I also got S. Oreo, and Alabamensis)

Great looking plants and seedlings! Congrats on all of them coming up!

Very much impressed. My VFT's look like crap LOL

Congrats on the vft seedlings. mine came up but died while I was in the hospital:( Oh well I guess there`s next year as my parent plants of vft are all fine!
smile.gif

Back