What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft pic

Here is a pic of my first VFT, it was yellow and sad looking now he looks hungry.

387Gizmo-med.JPG

Very nice color! Looks like your plant has realy perked up!
smile.gif

Yes your plant has very nice colors.
Where are you growing this plant?
If indoors what type of lighting are you using?

Yes this plant has done a tight U-turn. When I got it, the traps were yellowish-green with no hint of red or pink in them, and there was only 2 traps that wouldnt close. Now this plant has 11 traps that feed nicely and have very nice coloring. The pictured trap has the best color inside but I have another that has started to turn red on the outside of the trap. I grow this plant inside under a 55 watt Flourex light. Although it is not like the normal flourex that I see most people use. This ones lamp looks like two U's ex. UU. I took the lamp out of the plastic housing sat it on the top of the sideways fishtank I use and then put one of those metal roasting pans on top of the light to reflect it down onto the plant. Thanks for the remarks.

i would love to see a picture of the complete setup you are using, if you could do that for me.

thanks

Here you go Jstut, this is the picture of the setup I was describing.

387DCP_0341-med.JPG

And here is a picture of the lamp I was describing after I took it out of its housing.

387DCP_0342-med.JPG

compact flourescent?

I a 96 watt over my 46 gallon planted aquarium-these things are intense!

where'd you pick up the light at?

I belive I got it at the Menards here in town. I think it was called a Flourex 'Cool Touch'

Back