What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vft paradisa

I got my most prized CP by winning a monthly drawing. I won the first time I entered so you guys should enter too. Just click Free Stuff then scroll down to the monthly giveaway info then follow the instructions. I can't guarantee it will be a paradisa but there's a picture of a paradisa next to the instructions and mine is a paradisa so ENTER! Even if you don't win they have em for sale too. I think they are 8 dollars. Here's a pic of the VFT I got...it is looking a little sickly right now because of the cold weather. It was 40 last week and now it's 80 again so I think the poor guy is getting confused. Anywhoooo here's the pic.
Paradisa1.JPG

Might I say that it suffered from minimal stress from shipping. I've never seen a plant shipped so well in a pot. It's annoying to unpack though. :p Lotsa tape. But it's definately necessary. ^_^ OH! If anyone else has a paradisa then post your pics here I wanna see em. And I'm almost positive I'm not the only one.

It looks pretty much ok considering it's been shipped and the 40 to 80 change
smile_o_32.gif
. Hope he doesn't get confused too much,
smile.gif
Do you want to your own choice of plant or random, not that I mind, cause any cp is good .

You get a VFT Paradisa if you win. I think they have it set that you get the VFT that's pictured by the info. And a paradisa is there now. So that's what I got. ^_^

My paradisa don't look like a paradisa, but I'm affirmative it is one.

Very nice.. however since they are dealing in many CPS also carried by PFT I have removed the web address as it could be considered advertising for a competitor.

Keep in mind the great expense in time and money that PFT uses in keeping these forums running.

Tony

I had a feeling it'd be deleted. Sorry bout that.

Nice looking vft considering that it`s just been shipped:)

It wasn't JUST shipped...I got it 2 weeks ago. It looked a lot better than that. Like I said before, the coonstantly changing weather isn't good for him.

hummm.... looks a lot like my green dragon did when i got it a year ago... what's makes this one different?

tech...

I think this plant isn't any different. The name was probably coined for marketing purposes.

I did some research in this plant before buying it, and I think that if the plant is really that deep red of color as in ChronoKiento's pic then it is not a paradisia.
The plant I think originated from Paradisia, AU where they sell alot of VFT's in bulk like many other places. So it is probably just another regular VFT that has been named due to its extra vigor and size by the company.

Well in the picture it's all pinkish red and mine really hasn't had a chance to get that kind of intense coloring because it's so late in the season. So I guess we won't know for sure until next year. BTW Green Dragons don't get all red do they?

Yeah, sorry to break it to you but most likely your plant isn't a paradisa... you could check with the place who sent you the plant to see what type it is. And my Green Dragons turn all red like any other red type, actually it is hard to tell apart from others. Their growing habits are a bit different though.

i dont really care as long as its its one cultivar, i entered the contest today and hopefully they'll e-mail me back

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes_lover @ Sep. 28 2004,9:46)]how do I get to the contest?
No one's really allowed to say 'cause it's considered advertising for a different company than PFT, which makes sense.  A moderator said so and removed the link on the 1st page.

I emailed the owner of the site and he said it's a typical. Now so far I'm thinking... "Hell no." Anyone else agree?

Back