What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Green dragon multiple trigger hairs.

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
On my green dragon almost all the traps have 4-5(I think I`ve counted 6 ) trigger hairs per half! Is this a normal trait for this plant? I also noticed 4 trigger hairs on one of the traps on the 'akai ryu' I got from Jerry(Thanks!) but since I`ve only had this for a few weeks I have little experience with it.

Thanks,
Noah.

Yep, i've had 12 trigger hairs at most.

my vft's have about 1000 trigger hairs per lobe
smile.gif
... they look scary.. lol... 6 trigger hairs? man thats alot!!

Yeah and I mean this is happening all the time it`s not just a freek acurrance. Please will people who grow this plant step forward and tell me there experience?!

Yeah, I've had some cultivars that regulary make 6 to 5 hairs per lobe. I think alot of the time it depends on the genes as some never make 3 in my experience. My Petes Giant only make 2...

My 2 red dragons have 4 hairs per lobe, my green dragon has 3

VFT's again, huh? Strange critters. OK the story goes that three is the norm, but the VFT can have as many as 8 triggers per lobe (very rare) and in one rarer instance, 1 trigger per lobe. Three is the norm, but VFT's like to play games with CP people to confuse and confound you. Like, my VFT's are still flowering, and I just spotted 2 more scapes coming up. If they hadn't done so many strange things over my many growing years, I would be suprised.

Back